Welcome, the office of Thesis and Dissertation Services is here to assist masters and doctoral students in the final steps of degree completion as they prepare their formal, written documents for publication.
General Information on the TAD Process and the most frequently accessed information can be found on this page, for those who are looking for specific information, please see the sections below.
The video below describes the TAD Process and covers the basic process from approval of the thesis or dissertation proposal to graduation.
Who we serve:
For many advanced degrees at Ohio University, the master's thesis or doctoral dissertation is a requirement. Nearly the entire TAD process can be completed from a distance and trips to our physical offices are unnecessary. These pages have everything you need to complete the formatting of your thesis or dissertation, all the required paperwork for your Oral Defense and publication at the end of the process.
Students completing their degrees through research papers or other capstone projects may not be bound to the deadlines and guidelines on this site. If there are any questions, please verify deadlines and requirements with your department or college. TAD Services is unable to assist students completing research papers or projects with formatting or technical issues.
- Apply for graduation by the published deadline
- Be enrolled in thesis (6950) or dissertation (8950) hours
- Complete all other course requirements
- Earn an accumulated GPA of at least 3.0
- Complete oral defense by semester deadline
- Make necessary changes, obtain advisor approval, and submit final document for format review by posted deadline
- Submit all required forms to TAD Services by posted deadline